Check out the animated cover for End of Watch

February 25, 2016

red umbrella

End of Watch

We’re thrilled to reveal our cover for Stephen King’s new novel End of Watch. As a special treat, we’ve also created a chilling animated version.

Web403x600

End of Watch is a compelling and chilling suspense novel which sees retired detective Bill Hodges back on the trail of his nemesis Brady Hartsfield, the criminal the press called The Mercedes Killer.

Both a stand-alone novel and the final episode in the Mr Mercedes trilogy, End of Watch is a tense read which takes the series into a powerful new dimension.

26 responses to “Check out the animated cover for End of Watch”

1. Ms Charlie Johnson says:

Like little sharks they come, circling. I find it almost hypnotizing.

2. Glynis Millard says:

I have read the synopsis of End of Watch I can’t wait to read the whole book. I thoroughly enjoyed Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers so expect to be thrilled with the finale of the trilogy. I’m looking forward to adding it to my collection!

3. Miriam Sanchez says:

I love it, it’s awesome!!! Can’t wait to read the book. I’m a member of Stephen Kings library. I have all his books. I’m very excited. Thanks.

4. Mayra DeLao says:

This animated cover is very creative & it expresses our times,

5. Mayra DeLao says:

I can’t wait for the new book, I have read the other two and they were wonderful, I have been a fan of Stephen King since the Shining came out.

6. Ariel says:

LOVE IT! You should produce a limited edition that shows this animation! 🙂

7. Ariel says:

Love it! You should produce a limited edition with the animated cover!

8. Susan Love says:

I cannot wait. I grew up as a reader, to Mr King novels. I have had many a sleepless nights with visions of beasties and ghoststies created by the Master of Horror , and I thank him.

9. Colleen says:

It’s beautiful, and now I’m a little sad.
    Excited to read it, nevertheless!

10. Lesa Rhoton says:

How can I order the animated cover for my hard cover book?

Ha ha. That’s just a joke. It looks great, though. I’m looking forward to its release.

11. sandra holden says:

this cover some how reminds me of pennywise!! creepy…

12. That is too cool. Now I’m anxious to read it.

13. Shauna Young says:

Love this cover!! I grew up reading Stephen King books and I’m always on the edge of my seat when I see or hear of something new. Can’t wait for the release of this book!!!

14. Kara Graul says:

I LOVE the idea of an animated cover version. It is serene and creepy at the same time. Only King can pull this off!! Awesome job.

15. JeremyH says:

Fantastic cover. Simple and poignant.

16. Melissa says:

Are animated GIF covers the new thing for digital book design? This is really cool, Mr.King!

17. Mary G says:

I have been reading Stephen King novels and short stories for over 30 years now. Always look forward to new releases but End of Watch I know will be such an intense, fun ride, thank you Mr.King, cannot wait!

18. C. Morse says:

It’s magic! Nice promo, I’m feeling the suspense already!

19. La Bruja says:

Amazingly consistent great writing (movies too) is so rare I’ve grown and grown up with Stephen King and never been let down. I’m so grateful for the support of your work all these years & you’re getting better than I ever dreamed of, nightmares included. Great cover, I need a larger bookshelf as the 1 filled with your books exclusively is now full of everything from the hardcover books I collect and my husband (turned fan) Steve (go figure) has given me for over 20 yrs. & well thumbed lovingly read Dark Tower/Gunslinger + the many other series. At times these were all I had that lasted and never disappoint me or disappeared on me, lmao! Now I’m happy to share with my kids and can’t wait for your new release. Thanks for the long, strange, twisted trips you take me on. I’m your biggest fan. . .!

20. Hari says:

Intriguing. Wait begins to decipher the importance of this cover in the book.

21. Jan Bird says:

Fabulous. Another one from the master storyteller. Can’t come fast enough for me.

22. Manny Andino says:

Can’t wait for the book to be released. Have read Mr. Mercedes and I loved it. Looking forward to reading Finders Keepers before next book comes out. Animation is awesome!

23. S.Strong says:

Excited to read the 3rd book of this fantastic series..A little sad that it will be the last one though..Superb animation..

24. Love that cover. I am a constant reader starting with “Carrie”. Thank you for sharing your talent.

25. Now I want to make Vincent Chong’s cover for “Hellfire & Damnation II” move—maybe the fingers? (Connie Corcoran Wilson)